Introduction to Prometheus :
Prometheus is the toolkit originally used for SoundCloud for monitoring and alerting open source systems. Since its inception in 2012, many companies and organizations have embraced Prometheus, which has a developer community and a very active user community. It is now an independent open source project and is maintained independently of any company. To highlight this and clarify the governance structure of the project, Prometheus joined the local cloud computing foundation in 2016, which is the second hosting project after Kubernetive.
The main features of Prometheus are:
- A multidimensional data model in which time-series data is identified by metric names and key/value pairs
- PromQL, a flexible query language that takes advantage of this dimension
- Does not rely on distributed storage; single server nodes are autonomous
- Time series collection via an HTTP pull model
- Support push time series through the intermediate gateway
- Discover targets through service discovery or static configuration
- Multiple graphics and dashboard support modes
We at, Scaletech, have the expertise to successfully installing and configuring the webserver. We have helped various clients to manage their critical business processes.